AoM on Mac

PetulantPenguin

Posted 20 February 2017 - 9:19 am
Hello everyone!

I have been lurking for some time, and decided I really wanted to get setup on Voobly to play some AoM games. I searched for my answer for a while, but was unable to find what I was looking for.

As for my question, I was wondering if anyone manages to play games on Voobly on a Mac? I am pretty inexperienced with bootcamp, but I figure if I were to make a partition, buy Windows 10 and the Windows AoM disk, I could technically play with you guys?

I am really wanting to play some AoM, but I don't to go and buy a second computer just to do so.

Any help?
Thanks
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 +BlackAdder_

Edited 20 February 2017 - 1:38 pm by +BlackAdder_
Hey,

Welcome! :)

To play on Mac, you'll need some Win emulator as you mention, Boot Camp or Wine, but with it it should work just fine and you should be able to play with us :)

Look around Google for some help with those emulators, with a quick search I found these related posts:

Boot Camp: [You must login to view link]
Wine: [You must login to view link]

Cheers,

Black Adder
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 PetulantPenguin

Posted 20 February 2017 - 6:03 pm
Ahh! Thank you! That is great news.

I am looking for the game on amazon (as I no longer have my disc), and it seems like a lot of people are being sold games without activation codes. Is there a good place to buy it from?
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 +[OB_]ChronoJJ

Posted 20 February 2017 - 9:20 pm
If you are talking about the CD key / product key, it sounds like people were saying that Ubisoft used the same key for every game, which meant people couldn't log onto the Microsoft game server for multiplayer. Since that server is shut off, everyone plays here or Gameranger, so the key doesn't matter, as long as you have one.

If it comes without one, I'm sure you could just get one from someone else, since it doesn't matter which key you use.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 PetulantPenguin

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:55 am
Awesome! I will get ordering and let you know how it goes!

Which version of Windows will work best for the lowest price?
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 +BlackAdder_

Posted 21 February 2017 - 1:25 pm
Well Win 7 would be best, but I'm not sure if you can still get them somewhere^^

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts
الأنتقال في المنتدي الي:
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests