Need help with DirectDraw compatibility.

Phantomarcher

Posted 10 September 2017 - 3:17 am
I have looked quite a bit for help on DirectDraw compatibility but nothing has worked and I would rather not disable my graphics card and restart my pc whenever i wanted to play. So I am looking for some other way to fix it plz help.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 kitt

Posted 10 September 2017 - 4:15 am
hi
what is the problem? you can install legacy apps if you have w10
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Phantomarcher

Edited 10 September 2017 - 5:51 am by Phantomarcher
What do you mean with legacy apps. Also for some reason my graphics card isn't compatible with directdraw. I am unsure of the reason for this.

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:37 am
I am not clear on what your actual problem is. If you take a minute to explain the problem in detail it is going to help us help you better. Start by telling us what is the exact error message you see and what are the steps to reproduce that error.

If the problem is related to a game you play we would expect more details about the game as well. For instance what is that game and does it work offline? If the issue is specific to Voobly, you should have some error messages or warnings that will help us pin point the exact problem.

Thank you
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Phantomarcher

Edited 10 September 2017 - 7:59 pm by Phantomarcher
Alright so... the problem is that whenever I try to load into an AOE II game it will start to appear as a black screen then quickly delete itself and pop up an error that states, "Could not initialize graphics system, Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with DirectDraw". This only happens when I try to play through Voobly. Offline my AOE II Hd works perfectly.
Correction: when the game is launched through Voobly's lobby system that is when it pops up as a black fullscreen and then closes itself to pop up the message.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 11 September 2017 - 8:04 am
Understood....

Please ensure that your game room settings are exactly like this:
[You must login to view link]
You can verify this by hosting a game room in any lobby
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Phantomarcher

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:28 pm
TY very much for this it seems for some reason I cannot play with it fullscreen and must yuse windowmode but my game is perfectly functioning.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:23 am
Window allows you to start the game within a window/container thereby preventing lag when switching between active windows. The small window you are referring to only stays active until the game actually begins. Once the game starts, your window should automatically go full screen. If it does not for some reason, consider changing the resolution from in-game options. Select the one that matches your native desktop resolution.

Further questions if any are welcome. :)
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Kheisen

Edited 5 May 2018 - 9:13 pm by Kheisen
Hi,

I have the same problem, but once I launch Aoe1, I just get the game inside smaller window and can't go fullscreen. Inside the game, there are no option for game resolution like 1920x1080. I tried your setts (though I don't see the option "up style" in the menu).

Thanks in advance !
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 kitt

Posted 6 May 2018 - 11:00 pm
hi
try off line and see.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Kheisen

Edited 8 May 2018 - 9:38 am by Kheisen
Hi Kitt,

Thank you for your answer. How do I launch aoe in HD mode but offline ? If I launch outside Voobly, it's just the old normal game that appears.

Note : I tried with windows 7 on the same computer and I don't get that problem. Also, with my older laptop, no problem neither (with windows 10), it's only on this one. I have a recent graphic card (geforce gtx 1060 3gb), maybe the problem comes from drivers not adapted to windows 10 ?
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 kitt

Posted 8 May 2018 - 1:25 pm
hi
could be drivers i supppose. update and see. it may also be win10 update that isnt helping. does your pc have the onboard graphics? accessed through the bios i think.
Quote:
I launch Aoe1
your playing aoe1 not aoc? i have to say im not sure the up beta patch works for aoe1. [check with friends in the aoe1 community]
try a standard launch off of voobly and see if all works ok.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Kheisen

Edited 9 May 2018 - 12:56 am by Kheisen
yes it's aoe1. What is a standard launch off of voobly ? As I said, when I launch outside voobly, it works normally bu the game is not HD. When I launch in voobly, the gam is HD but in a small window.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Troy

Edited 9 May 2018 - 1:35 am by Troy
Kheisen wrote:
when I launch outside voobly, it works normally bu the game is not HD. When I launch in voobly, the gam is HD but in a small window.

Hello, I see other Techs, have told you to start windows mode so.

Try this!
You must login into Voobly to view image
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Kheisen

Posted 11 May 2018 - 3:03 pm
Hi,

I Don't have the option "extended hotkey" and the "userpatch" does not show up neither.

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 22 posts
الأنتقال في المنتدي الي:
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests