HELP - Network Connection Error [Code: 10000001]

Tongo

Posted 16 September 2017 - 1:25 am
Network Connection Error [Code: 10000001]. Connection errors are typically caused by a temporary server outage, a firewall, or a problem with your internet connection. If it's been a long time since you've connected to Voobly it's recommended that you redownload the client from the website.

I don't know what to do, and I've already done everything that I read on the topics about this same issue. It's not about my internet conection, it doesn't drop, ONLY VOOBLY DROPS (the chat and/or the lobby). Every 10 or 20 minutes it drops, even with the normal and regular conection. I've been playing this game, here, for a decade, I've already gotten premium account many times just to suport, and I'm at the point of stop playing because it's simply impossible like this :(

Any help? (English or Portuguese).
By the way, my network diagnostics below.

Starting networking diagnostics...

Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 1' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Test Result: All Pass
Network Health: All tests passed
Recommended Action: None
Details: All tests passed.

For help understanding this report or for more information go to http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/177#Network_Diagnostic_Tool.

PLEASE SAVE ME!
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:11 am
Tongo wrote:
It's not about my internet conection, it doesn't drop, ONLY VOOBLY DROPS (the chat and/or the lobby).

Think about it this way, if it was a problem on our side, would you be the only player affected? Wouldn't every player connecting experience the same issue?

Believe it or not, the problem is 100% on your side. More likely a problem with your ISP or network setup but there could be an issue with your local network too.

Looking at your games, I can see that you are probably exaggerating the "every 20 mins" part. Getting disconnected once in a while is not that uncommon.

Here are some of my suggestions:

1. Restart your router/ modem and try connecting after a while.
2. Add an exception to Voobly and AOC in your security applications (firewall and antivirus). This is a far less likely cause but wouldn't harm to play it safe
3. Upgrade your router firmware. If its an old router, consider getting a new one (if you can)
4. Check your bandwidth on [You must login to view link] and make sure it's not below the minimum threshold.
5. If you share your connection with other users/ devices restrict them for testing purposes to see if it makes a difference in your games when you are the only user.
6. Finally try connecting to a different network if possible (neighbours wifi or any other network for testing)

Note: The only way you can be sure that your internet has not dropped is if you are monitoring it constantly using a monitoring app which I am sure you are not.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Tongo

Posted 16 September 2017 - 6:01 pm
First I really appreciate your time and effort to help me.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm sure the problem is on my side. What I meant is that it isn't the conection itself, it's something with some kind of link between voobly and some specification in my computer. What I tried to say is that my voobly doesn't drop because my internet drops, it's something else (the way I know my internet isn't dropping is because I have my cellphone near, for example, and when the game FREEZES, I just look at it, put any video, and everything is ok. Or when voobly is running and I'm using the internet normally, youtube, and, out of nothing, voobly (and nothing else) drops.
(Of course I may be wrong because I'm not an expert in that)

And believe me, seeing my games on the list you may think that everything is ok, but each game on the list I had to restore twice, not to mention the games that weren't restored and, therefore, didn't appear on the list.

But, I will try to do what you said, although most of it I'd already done, and I don't know, pray, 11.

Thanks a lot, Voobly and all the staff are amazing.

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 16 September 2017 - 6:09 pm
I am not necessarily implying packet loss here however, your way of checking is absolutely improper. Like I mentioned earlier, the only way you can be sure you did not drop is if you were monitoring your connection constantly.

Youtube will buffer and play a video fine with 50% packet loss on a 20+ mbps line (just an example). But even a 10% packet loss is enough to get you off Voobly. The point here is that by the time you open the video you probably have your connection restored. Not to mention, it is still not an accurate means of judging an active connection.

Try the other suggestions, and if possible keep a ping window running at all times that will tell you if you are loosing connection to the internet.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Tongo

Posted 16 September 2017 - 9:47 pm
Do you have any suggestion of a simples "monitoring app"? First I need to see if it's a net error or not (the other things I'm still trying to do meanwhile).
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:26 am
Join this room
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 ['HD]LaserDisc_

Posted 18 September 2017 - 9:02 pm
Make sure that your internet connection is not shared with someone else , or sometimes turning off the wifi might help you too to avoid disconnection during the game.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Tongo

Edited 19 September 2017 - 4:58 am by Tongo
So, I went to this room, and I was told to go to the prompt and see how the conection was. So I stayed conected to Voobly, and the "ping -t 8.8.8.8" running................ So, as every 15 minutes, the lobby dropped, and as you predicted, there was a message there: PING: TRANSMIT FAILED. GENERAL FAILURE

Now I'm trying to google how to solve that. You know the stuff 11.

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:54 am
Hi,

Ping transmit failed clearly implies that your computer is not able to connect to the IP you are trying to connect.

Google will not be able to fix this problem. You will have to speak to your ISP. Tell them that you are loosing connection at regular intervals.

Also do not rule out the possibility of a faulty router/ modem at your premises, especially if its an old one.

Good luck
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Tongo

Edited 19 September 2017 - 5:55 pm by Tongo
I ran the same ping test with a computer conected directly (cable) to the ISP modem. No problem (I also tested without the cable, near the modem, everything ok). Than I ran again in another computer, but conected via wifi (my router), and....... just like with my computer, this other one failed too. So I guess it's something to do with the router.

At least now I can stop calling the ISP every day :(
Strange, I have a good and new router.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 19 September 2017 - 7:29 pm
Well in that case it sure looks like what I suspected earlier .... a faulty router.

If this is a new router (recently purchased), you might be able to claim warranty on it (if applicable). Don't forget to ensure that your router firmware is up to date. Login to your router and check for possible updates if any.

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Tongo

Posted 9 September 2018 - 12:39 am
Network Connection Error [Code: 10000001]

One year later, sorry, I'm back. I've been getting this message again, for the last days, and with the 'ping -t 8.8.8.8' test, no router involved (wifi, from the modem), i'm not getting any failure message:

Resposta de 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 tempo=29ms TTL=113
Resposta de 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 tempo=27ms TTL=113
Resposta de 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 tempo=29ms TTL=113

Only lines like those (they are in Portuguese), normal, no failures, and yet I'm dropping from Voobly, every 20 or 30 minutes (impossible to play, too risky, last days I didn't play).

Any idea? :(

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
[1]
Displaying 1 - 12 out of 12 posts
الأنتقال في المنتدي الي:
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests

What's popular right now: