network problem with voobly

[AOE2 ITA]xXHawkManXx

Edited 21 September 2017 - 12:50 am by [AOE2 ITA]xXHawkManXx
You must login into Voobly to view image

You must login into Voobly to view image

i've opened the port: 16000
all firewalls and antivirus closed
the test is ok, but when i try to play much time i see fp.

why in network test i see 2times server1,2,3 ? 3times with port 16000 and other 3 times with random ports.
maybe this is the problem..
any1 can help me? pls

the last image is a player FP and another player good for me, The nat Log in voobly.

with fp player the local port USED: is 0
with the other one local port USED: is 16000

maybe is this the problem..
HELP PLS
Attachments:
testnetvoobly.jpg (file size: 408.44 KB)
voolby network test.png (file size: 312.85 KB)
fptablevoobly.jpg (file size: 207.11 KB)
FPANDNOFP.jpg (file size: 539.32 KB)

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [AOE2 ITA]xXHawkManXx

Posted 21 September 2017 - 1:11 pm
NEVER?
Attachments:
FPANDNOFP.jpg (file size: 539.32 KB)

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 kitt

Posted 21 September 2017 - 3:24 pm
hi
you need to configure your pc firewall/virus app, to allow voobly/game through. turning them off does not really help.
leave the router f/wall at default.
whts the router make/model? on the router check the private ip you set is still the same for the playing pc. [perhaps reserve it in the router dhcp]
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [AOE2 ITA]xXHawkManXx

Edited 21 September 2017 - 5:34 pm by [AOE2 ITA]xXHawkManXx
i haven't an antivirus, my firewalls are all deactived, and i added the rules in windows firewalls for UDP ports, and 16000 UDP
my modem is a Telecom Fibra, and i use a TP-Link Switch for wi-fi.

[You must login to view link]
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 22 September 2017 - 12:27 am by kitt
Hi there,
how many firewalls do you have? one is enough on the pc.

The problem with your setup is that you have a symmetric NAT device. Your router will actively change the port for every request which is why you will have trouble communicating with another symmetric NAT device. These are the ones you will see as FP in Voobly. The good news here is that a lot of users on Voobly will not be, so you should be able to connect to most players (and with some after rejoining a few times).

There are 2 ways you can fix this problem:

1. You can opt for an asymmetric NAT device. This means you will need to change your router and probably your network setup depending on your service providers arrangement.

2. A better solution would be to get a static IP from your internet service provider. Please note that most providers will charge you a subscription fee for this.

I would suggest speaking to your ISP to see if they can get you a static IP for a few days (as a trial). That way you can be certain that it works for you.

All that said, I will re-iterate that even without the IP you should have no problems establishing a direct connection to 90% of the players on Voobly. For the rest, you can try rejoining the game room a few times.

Good luck.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [AOE2 ITA]xXHawkManXx

Posted 23 September 2017 - 2:41 am
i edited ipv4 in static IP, becouse the port 16000 is opened only for one IP.
but with port open, it's the same ... with any players i can play, and with other players , i can't :(

but ty for help... maybe i change my ISP
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:01 am
Perhaps you did not understand what I was trying to explain.

Even though you have the port 16000 open on your router because of the nature of your setup, a symmetric NAT will automatically change your NAT port to some other random port. This is the reasons why you see random port numbers when you run a network diagnostic on Voobly.

The private IP (192.168.xxx.xxx) that you are setting as a static IP will not solve the problem . You will need to purchase a public static IP from your ISP instead. Speak to your ISP once and see if they can get you a static IP for a few days. I am quite positive that should fix your problem.

P.S: [You must login to view link]explaining symmetric NATs

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts
الأنتقال في المنتدي الي:
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests

Lo más popular ahora:
AoKTS updates (58 usuarios)
CBA PathBlood 1.8.0 (57 usuarios)
1.6 reward campaing (55 usuarios)
Word Association (54 usuarios)
CBA HERO v18 (16 usuarios)