New Version of CBA Hero

calexus5678

Posted 8 October 2017 - 11:51 pm
Would be interested to know the reasoning behind the hero choices and doubling up on them... if it's some gameplay you think will work, because it does seem a little curious at first glance...

However putting in Charlemagne is a nice touch as with the Scouts and the first one, they will help balance against OP ram attacks..
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Th0m

Posted 9 October 2017 - 12:19 am
Don't think SGK is that good - might be a downgrade on Super Charles. Give Super Charles a movement speed bonus. Stats on Sieur Bertrand and Scyth Scout? Too lazy to check
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [ wZ]_Jarvis

Posted 9 October 2017 - 12:20 am
A good idea for cba hero is removing those 4 bbts on each base, all another things are OK
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [Eot_]RAJPUT__

Posted 9 October 2017 - 11:09 am
in late games no will be able to push because of charles.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [TotalA]Novaya__

Posted 9 October 2017 - 10:52 pm
I don't know but switching between Super Khans and Super Martels every X amount of kills (say 200) might keep Martels from preventing pushes with Khans.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 +[MM]jason

Posted 9 October 2017 - 11:26 pm
Yuck
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 mich

Edited 10 October 2017 - 12:14 am by mich
I think scouts should be after archer/eyes. Maybe just less powerful to fit the balance in between archer of eyes & Charlemagne. I would make robins a bit stronger though if they were pushed further in kills.
the Scouts and the first one, they will help balance against OP ram attacks..
A good idea for cba hero is removing those 4 bbts on each base, all another things are OK

Disagree. They help avoid an easy rush. This is what separates Hero from regular CBA imo.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 +[MM]jason

Posted 10 October 2017 - 1:15 am
My friend [MM]Zix is compiling a list of heroes based on strength it would be worth looking at.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 WraTHIzUsh__

Posted 10 October 2017 - 9:53 am
I think the reason cba hero has serviced so long is due to it's completeness and refinement in terms of structure. Yes you can get a bad hand of civ, however this is part of the fun. Do you want to change the game for voobly entirely or have a seperate game and seperate rate, I ask this for knowledge of your intentions?

IMO I like subtle changes but not so many incorporated heroe's as it will take away the basics tactics of the game, even though camping is disliked, it is a strategy, something that does not work out to often at best, this is why I don't care less about campers.

Just my 2 cents. Opinions?
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:02 am
I think the reason cba hero has serviced so long is due to it's completeness and refinement in terms of structure. Yes you can get a bad hand of civ, however this is part of the fun. Do you want to change the game for voobly entirely or have a seperate game and seperate rate, I ask this for knowledge of your intentions?

IMO I like subtle changes but not so many incorporated heroe's as it will take away the basics tactics of the game, even though camping is disliked, it is a strategy, something that does not work out to often at best, this is why I don't care less about campers.

CBA Hero is a variation of CBA, CBA is a variation of CBs, CBs are variations of Bloods. They all belong in the same category anyway, so I does not matter what his intentions are, he simply is broadening the field and adding more options.

Sure, camping can be a strategy, but the reason why a lot of people ever started playing CS over RM is because of the fast paced games, you can enjoy multiple games in one hour and this generally thought of when designing competitive type scenarios.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 WraTHIzUsh__

Edited 10 October 2017 - 11:01 am by WraTHIzUsh__
So you think it will be a varient once again? That was not my question, my question was relating to his title of CBA Hero Update, not varient. If it is indeed a varient then so be it, it is a different line of CB. However, if it is just an updated version i think it will detract from the game of "CBA Hero".

CB is diverse, it can be fast pace and slow at time's depending on the map. CB varities have always been a steady game. If you want fast pace stick to Blood's.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 10 October 2017 - 2:57 pm
So you think it will be a varient once again? That was not my question, my question was relating to his title of CBA Hero Update, not varient. If it is indeed a varient then so be it, it is a different line of CB. However, if it is just an updated version i think it will detract from the game of "CBA Hero".

CB is diverse, it can be fast pace and slow at time's depending on the map. CB varities have always been a steady game. If you want fast pace stick to Blood's.

Donnie is not in charge of the Voobly Map pack (atleast not anymore), so whatever he creates is simply a variant and an additional option, it would be up to community and actual map pack moderators to rate this or use it to replace the current version of CBA Hero.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [dv8]xMag

Edited 10 October 2017 - 8:54 pm by [dv8]xMag
I think that having Charlemagne at 300 kills and +2 range at 350 kills will make it extremely difficult to kill an opponent, in castle age one can only make battering rams, if the enemy manages to save about 60-80 Charlemagnes, that will make him very strong despite not having villagers, while in the original version one can die easily with 300 kills if he has no vils.

1500 Kills - Super Robin (+40AP + 300HP +1 Range +2 Pierce Armor)
If you are britons and you manage to get super robins, i think that will be too op.

100 Kills - Sieur Bertrand
I think 100 kills are too less to get a hero, that too Sieur Bertrand which has 120 HP with 2/2 armor and 12 AP. Sometimes you can get 100 kills in like 4-5 minutes, save 70-80 of them and you will probably beat anyone except sara/teut/pers.

Also so many different types of heroes will make it pretty complex, and what a pain it will be trying to select them lol
It changes the style of play completely, I think people will be much more careful about feeding because
hero starts at 100 kills, then there is a new hero every 50 kills, while in the original map the gap between every hero 200 kills.
If i get 200 kills, i will have to be really careful that i don't make my enemy 250, while in the original map that won't be an issue. This will only increase camping imo.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 24_King_

Posted 11 October 2017 - 3:32 am
So much heroes for low kills,with bertrand in 100 kills, u cant rush (with rams or inf) because he can defend his base with Bertrand, dont have sense there.
With robin 1500 + 40ap so op , this can attract and encourage the camp, cuz in 2k u have again martels to camp back of bbts, in imp game, the sense is kills martels of enemy, for try rush with rams, and push more, if he can get again martels, this game never finish. And so bored + camp.
Charlemagne too make more camp, because charle have bonus vs rams, then with 300 u cant be rushed.
500 Scythian scout, is good idea.:D.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 calexus5678

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:49 pm

I don't know how you can say CBA hero is refined and complete in structure when it is a hybridised map using all the old balance values from CBA, and with various gameplay issues. That said, it's still a fun map.. but not well refined, quite the opposite really it's hardly changed much at all...

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 30 posts
الأنتقال في المنتدي الي:
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests