CS - Overall S2

mich

Edited 27 January 2018 - 9:33 pm by mich
What are your thoughts on adding a new Overall Ladder for CS? Both pros and cons to adding one, but I want to know what the community thinks.

CS - Overall S1
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 user124641314

Posted 10 January 2018 - 9:19 pm
Good idea.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [s1L3nT]InfantryHero

Posted 10 January 2018 - 9:31 pm
I'm fine with it. However the random game drops still need to be properly addressed.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [xCs]tr4house

Edited 10 January 2018 - 9:43 pm by [xCs]tr4house
I MISS OLD OVERALL WHEN THE LADDER HAS A ONE RATED.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 10 January 2018 - 9:34 pm
No thanks
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 mich

Edited 10 January 2018 - 9:35 pm by mich
However the random game drops still need to be properly addressed.

Entirely different topic.
i MISS OLD OVERALL :(

Ok
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 10 January 2018 - 9:40 pm
make voobly great again, add CS Overall S2 !
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 10 January 2018 - 9:54 pm
Unrate CS!
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [ A ]_Roxor_

Posted 10 January 2018 - 9:57 pm
merge cs-aok with cs-aoc aswell i mean wht could possibly go wrong
and bring back the overall with clan ladder, noob bashing is a forgivable sin atleast in my religion
if players don't start coming back then it must be the zanchy effect, purge him
gl
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [Eot_]FarGo_v1_

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:08 pm
Good idea ;1thumbup
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 SupremeZippo

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:27 pm
I posted this on the other thread but this one seems to be getting more attention so here

Nobody likes to see their hard end pts reset even if its to level the playing field. Furthermore, for the higher rated players its impossible to get back to their highest and even less beat it since there are a lot less points going around. Instead of resets I propose frequent balance changes and updates to the popular maps like CBA/HERO. They dont need to be big just need to be frequent (every few months). The idea is to keep the map fresh and make players constantly adapt to small changes without changing the fundamental strategies. To give idea of which kind of changes it could be, here are some suggestions:

Chinese cage at 250
Saracens 3 razes
Franks cage at 250
New heroes (infantry CBA hero would be nice)

There will always be people that will complain and cry other changes but no one will quit over reasonable adjustments. This might also intrigue the older players and bring them back and create some buzz for the cs lobby. The idea of dont fix what isnt broken isnt working right proven by the diminishing number of players. Maps are a video game inside a video game that needs constant updates and refinement. If you look at the biggest commercially successful games right now they all have frequent balance changes and updates to grow its community and keep its preexisting fan base interested. Also the map makers can take suggestions from the community but should keep the specific contents of a map update under wraps so people dont form an opinion before trying it and bring back some hype. There should also special tournaments to launch the maps (for example a CBA HERO v14 tournament a week after the map is made available) and make ppl play them and create anticipation.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Bigstickbean

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:28 pm
How exactly is Overall rating calculated? Wins and losses are self-explanatory, but the ratings are way too high. Is it possible to make your rating the average rating of all current ladders? I think that would look better. If you can do that, then I'd be all for the Overall ladder.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Bigstickbean

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:34 pm
I posted this on the other thread but this one seems to be getting more attention so here

Nobody likes to see their hard end pts reset even if its to level the playing field. Furthermore, for the higher rated players its impossible to get back to their highest and even less beat it since there are a lot less points going around. Instead of resets I propose frequent balance changes and updates to the popular maps like CBA/HERO. They dont need to be big just need to be frequent (every few months). The idea is to keep the map fresh and make players constantly adapt to small changes without changing the fundamental strategies. To give idea of which kind of changes it could be, here are some suggestions:

Chinese cage at 250
Saracens 3 razes
Franks cage at 250

There will always be people that will complain and cry other changes but no one will quit over reasonable adjustments. This might also intrigue the older players and bring them back and create some buzz for the cs lobby. The idea of dont fix what isnt broken isnt working right proven by the diminishing number of players. Maps are a video game inside a video game that needs constant updates and refinement. If you look at the biggest commercially successful games right now they all have frequent balance changes and updates to grow its community and keep its preexisting fan base interested. Also the map makers can take suggestions from the community but should keep the specific contents of a map update under wraps so people dont form an opinion before trying it and bring back some hype. There should also special tournaments to launch the maps (for example a CBA HERO v14 tournament a week after the map is made available) and make ppl play them and create anticipation.

I'll talk to Mich about gathering some dedicated, experienced players who would like to work on doing this. I've already been talking to some people. If you like to help out, let me know.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 mich

Edited 10 January 2018 - 10:41 pm by mich
How exactly is Overall rating calculated? Wins and losses are self-explanatory, but the ratings are way too high. Is it possible to make your rating the average rating of all current ladders? I think that would look better. If you can do that, then I'd be all for the Overall ladder.

As far as I know, there is no way to make adjustments on the specifics of the Overall Ladder. It takes points won from each Ladder and adds those points to the Overall Ladder as well. I already asked about 'average rating of all ladders' and it's not possible.

Chinese cage at 250
Saracens 3 razes
Franks cage at 250

Most of this ^ is the reason I'm starting this topic lol As far as map updates, they're updated as fast as we can get them updated. Feel free to post another topic regarding map edit suggestions.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 The_****

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:52 pm
Unrate CS!

Dito. Ratings have made it the cba room.

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
[1]23456
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 90 posts
الأنتقال في المنتدي الي:
2 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 2 guests

What's popular right now:
Most active threads in past week: