aoc using 0 GPU?

Hameth

Posted 1 February 2018 - 7:45 am
when i look in task manager aoc is listed as not using any GPU
instead it seems client server runtime process is using the GPU?
the HD version does show as using GPU just not the voobly version.

I only ask as i am on a laptop and it does not seem like there is any way to set aoc to use my graphics card instead of the integrated graphics
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 kitt

Edited 1 February 2018 - 3:56 pm by kitt
hi
turn off the integrated graphics in the pc bios. save/exit.
reboot and as it loads press the del or f2 key and your in.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Hameth

Posted 2 February 2018 - 1:10 am
thank you for your reply kitt,

as far as i can tell "age of empires II expansion (32 bit)" is not using either GPU, it is showing zero GPU usage in my task manager.

the processes that appear to be using GPU while the game is running are "Desktop Window Manager" and Client Server Runtime Process"

I understand if i disable integrated graphics everything will be forced to use my card, but i prefer not to do this as my day to day usage does not require a gaming video card and would run my laptop rather hot.

the game seems to run fine the way it is but im just trying to understand how its working.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 kitt

Posted 2 February 2018 - 1:31 am
hi
this what i can find on that:
Quote:
Desktop Window Manager (DWM, previously Desktop Compositing Engine or DCE) is the window manager in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 that enables the use of hardware acceleration to render the graphical user interface of Windows.
it can be turned off up to win 7 but is not recommended. are you using aero?
well if the card on a day to day basis is not running at max, then it shouldnt increase the l/top heat out put.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Hameth

Posted 4 February 2018 - 10:53 pm
kitt wrote:
hi
this what i can find on that:

it can be turned off up to win 7 but is not recommended. are you using aero?
well if the card on a day to day basis is not running at max, then it shouldnt increase the l/top heat out put.

I am using win10 , so i believe it uses Aero, i havent changed any settings concerning aero.

This is a laptop issue (i think i should have made this more clear in OP ;huh ) , after doing some research i found it is not possible to disable integrated graphics on a laptop, as the gaming GPU is routed through it.

This issue is common with older games, that have not been programmed to detect hybrid graphics.
I have not been able to find any workarounds so far, but AOC does not seem to tax the integrated graphics very much so maybe im fine just leaving it.

Im curious how the HD version detects my gaming card.

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts
الأنتقال في المنتدي الي:
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests

What's popular right now: