In game Issues

Hombre59

Posted 19 August 2018 - 8:47 pm
During the first 5-10 minutes of the game everything works fine. But after that, I can no longer load the CIV tree while playing or load up the in game chat menu, and if we need to save and exit, that will not display on my screen. Instead, the game will be frozen on whatever I was looking at prior to attempting to open one of those items. I then have to press escape and the game unfreezes. Any ideas?
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 kitt

Posted 20 August 2018 - 1:04 am
hi
whats changed pc wise as you have been ok? new ISP, router/modem, operating system? new anti-virus etc?
see if the game runs ok for a time completely off of voobly [play against an A1]
check your pc firewall and AV allow the game/voobly through. perhaps turn off active scanning. see if it has a game mode. have you forwarded any ports?
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Hombre59

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:35 pm
Nothing has changed, its weird, during the first few minutes of the game, everything works fine. Then it will no longer work all of a sudden. I can still play the game normally, I just can't bring up any of the civ trees, chat, or the save and exit menu. If any of those are attempted to be opened, the game freezes
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 kitt

Edited 20 August 2018 - 11:17 pm by kitt
hi
see if the game runs ok for a time completely off of voobly [play against an A1]
when was the last time you did a bug scan?
try stopping your anti-virus from loading and then see.
clean boot: [You must login to view link]
[ pick your operating system after this line: Use the following steps to perform a clean boot:]
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Hombre59

Posted 2 September 2018 - 4:24 pm
I reinstalled voobly, and reinstalled age of empires via Steam... still, the start of the game everything works perfectly. BUt, 6 minutes into the game, I can no longer open the chat button, civ tree button, or the save and exit menu. My screen just sits frozen and I can hear people talking when the save and exit menu is up, but I can't see it.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 kitt

Posted 3 September 2018 - 12:47 am
Quote:
hi
when was the last time you did a bug scan?
try stopping your anti-virus from loading and then see.
clean boot: [You must login to view link]
[ pick your operating system after this line: Use the following steps to perform a clean boot:]
which of the above did you do?
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Hombre59

Posted 21 September 2018 - 4:20 am
I played Aoe2HD on steam and the game works perfectly fine..no issues. I am playing on Voobly and I disabled all start up menu items and the same issues occur. Whenever I need tosave and exit no thing pops up, the game just sits frozen and I can still hear everyone chatting, but my screen is frozen.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 kitt

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:15 am
hi
ok thanks.
i know its a pain but can you follow this for a good install to play at voobly and then see:
https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Hombre59

Posted 22 September 2018 - 6:16 pm
sadly that did not work.. any other suggestions :(?
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 23 September 2018 - 9:04 pm
Are you running the game in window mode?

Please ensure that your game room settings are exactly like this:
[You must login to view link]
You can verify this by hosting a game room in any lobby

Make sure window mode is selected.

If it still does not work, try to play the game at a smaller resolution and see if you can replicate the issue.

P.S: Are you able to use chat and trigger save and exit in the first few seconds after the game starts? You mentioned that this problem occurs after the first few minutes, so i am trying to understand if it does indeed begin after a specific point in game?

BTW are you using any special mods? Any visual mods? Try disabling all visual mods
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Hombre59

Edited 24 September 2018 - 12:42 am by Hombre59
I will check on what you posted that I am doing all that.... But, I specced a game earlier today, and it doesnt have this issue at all... I am able to open up the civ tree, chats, and everything else well into the game and not just at the beginning. But, if I play a game, I can only open this things up at the very beginning of the game, after about 2-3 minutes of playing, they no longer open and the game freezes if I try.

My game didnt have the 32-bit option checked on the game options.. I will try and see if it works better now that I checked that.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Hombre59

Posted 24 September 2018 - 2:24 am
+sunny@voobly wrote:
Are you running the game in window mode?

Please ensure that your game room settings are exactly like this:
[You must login to view link]
You can verify this by hosting a game room in any lobby

Make sure window mode is selected.

If it still does not work, try to play the game at a smaller resolution and see if you can replicate the issue.

P.S: Are you able to use chat and trigger save and exit in the first few seconds after the game starts? You mentioned that this problem occurs after the first few minutes, so i am trying to understand if it does indeed begin after a specific point in game?

BTW are you using any special mods? Any visual mods? Try disabling all visual mods

That fixed it, clicking the render in 32-bit, on directx, now it works perfectly. Thank you both for your help!
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 24 September 2018 - 4:43 pm
I am glad its working fine for you now. ;flowers
Feel free to create a new thread if you need help in future.

I am closing this thread now.

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
[1]
Displaying 1 - 13 out of 13 posts
الأنتقال في المنتدي الي:
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests