Modifying Teambonus TDII and testing it.

Shameful

Edited 17 January 2019 - 3:13 am by Shameful
Hello,
I want to add new bonuses to Teambonus TDII with AGE3 and play with other player somehow to test the changes. The idea is to add new bonuses and test them with different civ combos, then add new ones, etc. to avoid and spot imbalances.
Is it possible to modify the mod and test it on voobly with other players by creating a folder with the mod files into voobly mods and selecting it in the mod tab?
Is it possible to launch the mod without using voobly? Maybe creating a new aoc folder and changing the main empires2_x1_p1.dat for that of TDII and similar with other files?

Im a total noob to modding and seems the new civbonuses i made don't have any effect when i try to play it.
I leave a screenshot of my stats AGE3 launching stats:
[You must login to view link]
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Sasquatch_

Posted 24 January 2019 - 2:01 pm
You cant alter maps without vooblys permission and tools, they must own the rights to aoe/aoc
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 25 January 2019 - 3:33 pm
Ask Gallas for help, you do not need any permission for editing.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 25 January 2019 - 7:42 pm by [MM]Gallas
Shameful wrote:
Is it possible to modify the mod and test it on voobly with other players by creating a folder with the mod files into voobly mods and selecting it in the mod tab?
Yes, just upload it as any other datamod. You can find guides for it at here
Shameful wrote:
Is it possible to launch the mod without using voobly? Maybe creating a new aoc folder and changing the main empires2_x1_p1.dat for that of TDII and similar with other files?
Only if was made as an offline mod and overwriting your original files. NOT suggested to do for beginners as you can cause issues with your gamefiles.
Shameful wrote:
Im a total noob to modding and seems the new civbonuses i made don't have any effect when i try to play it.
Can be for several reason. Incorrect saving, forgetting copy from gaia to other civs, not using correct numbers. Try to do small changes as first to see if anything happens or not (make a +1 range to +10). If works, then you know it's not a save issue. Also check AGE3 permission for the .exe of it, if it can save a file by your UAC (admin mode). If all fine, then can go bigger and bigger edits.
trial-and-error

Sasquatch_ wrote:
You cant alter maps without vooblys permission and tools, they must own the rights to aoe/aoc
What? No. Voobly have nothing to do with owning rights for altering maps and using tools with/without permission. Problems comes when you want to use them for rated games at Voobly.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [I3acI]raf_

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:29 am
Another bug that can make you win or loose like the bug when 2 monsters enter in tower and count as one, is that sometimes monsters instead going straight to the tower turn around and go away from tower and then back again going to the tower, loosing the chance to win when you rush, so this happen to me 2 times yesterday during rushing while tower was almost dead, i could have won it if monsters didnt turn around and go away from tower, not only one monster, yesterday for example even 3-4 monsters decided to dont go in to the tower, please fix in someway if it can be fixed, this 2 bugs are too important that determine win or lost.

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts
الأنتقال في المنتدي الي:
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests

What's popular right now: