Ratings

Rambit

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 24 October 2011 - 9:39 pm
Personally I am at a point where I am considering removing CS ratings even with the knowledge that the majority of people want them. I think they turn regular players into point obsessed lunatics and they are like a drug that many people are addicted to. Perhaps I need to remove them so people can kick the addiction instead of being point junkies.

Or am I wrong?
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Direwolf_

Posted 24 October 2011 - 9:58 pm
how would you remove ratings but keep the game stats/recs?
I like being able to view the stats in euro games.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Ubiquitous

Edited 24 October 2011 - 10:14 pm by Ubiquitous
Keep ratings for CBA (remove the CBA ladder though)
We need ratings in CBA so we can play against other players of similar skill level.
Ratings are useless on the other ladders, they are not competitive like they were designed to be, they only serve the purpose of people trying to get highest rating possible.
Keep match links, I enjoy watching recs.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:37 pm
Remove the ratings entirely.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Woof_woof

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:41 pm
dont remove ratings
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 _LC_Mau5_RTK

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:45 pm
Remove ratings.
- Keep match links/ Wins/losses/ recorded games/ match detail things.

Im pretty sure I speak on the behalf of 90% of all blood players
(Vicious/LC/EoT/ ) etc.
About

The only problem is if you make CBA the only rated ladder, thats ALL anyone would play.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 lbr0nc0l

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:08 pm
Remove the ratings.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Ruby_Weapon_4

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:18 pm
I might kill if I can't get my points!!! lol. I'd hate to meet the guy that's that obsessed about his rate. Reminds me of all the people in the RM rooms that don't allow zero gamers to play.

Would you still have the required rating feature for entering rooms? Kind of essential to get a quality game going.

I suggest making them invisible unless you view that persons profile. Kinda the middle road I guess but I think people might get mad if you completely remove them. Could just do a trial period and see what happens. Although maybe if people didn't have rates anymore they'd be willing to try new scenarios. Changed my mind. Get rid of them completely.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [ iF ]Salvador__

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:56 pm
Do not remove them, it will ruin the gameplay and it's development.. New strategies on each scenario have been found due to the existence of ratings (or atleast motivated by them). Ratings makes the game competitive and that's what makes aoe move forward.

For instance, in mini castle blood games when somebody loses their hero most people will immediatly resign because that already happens sometimes even though we're "point junkies", just imagine what will happen if ratings are removed, lots of quitters because it won't really matter..

Please keep them.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [ xHEROx ]_Vinotinto_

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:07 am
1 , remove
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 L_daVinci

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:15 am
I don't understand why many people get so annoyed by ratings... ;bored I think you should not removed them since a lot of people would complain a lot about it, besides this thread is in english and a lot of people don't know what you are discussing right now :S
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 SalvadorAllende

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:24 am
1, Remove, If ur 17++ or more at CBA it cuz u won it with skills, or hacking, making the game crash, OOS, if u say no, then u r a hypocrite. If u remove i think we can have games just for fun, like CS must be. Like we enjoy playing TTF, Jurassic Park and TTD 3. when i play CBA and one "high pro rated player" is about to lose the game always crashes, lol, weird uh? maybe then we can have a community with skills guys at CBA and other scenarios that enjoy playing, and not stupid ppl wanting more and more point for wut? respect? being cool? feeling that ur better cuz ur CS Overral shows 2.k?. i totally support this idea.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Yoda

Group: Gold Membership
Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:35 am
I have a simple answer for u if u remove raiting system u will kill voobly, i am 100 % agree about potns yunkies, but raiting is part of game on AOC, when u make multi ladder system u already kill RPG´S UDPS and no rated maps, points is the reaason why a lot of players keep playing this game, points make ppl to be more commited on a game, if voobly has not point as soon as players (im talking about cba) see they had bad civis they will quit, so the game will stop being funny, now with reated if u had a bad civi at least u figth to win points
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [Eot_]Master_G

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:37 am
Didn't we already try this and it ended up backfiring more then helping?
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Rambit

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:51 am
Quote:
how would you remove ratings but keep the game stats/recs?
I like being able to view the stats in euro games.
Quote:
Remove ratings.
- Keep match links/ Wins/losses/ recorded games/ match detail things.
Yes, that would be what we would do. We are already looking into a non-rated ladder to go with the current ladders so would be easy enough to do.
Quote:
Do not remove them, it will ruin the gameplay and it's development.. New strategies on each scenario have been found due to the existence of ratings (or atleast motivated by them). Ratings makes the game competitive and that's what makes aoe move forward.

For instance, in mini castle blood games when somebody loses their hero most people will immediatly resign because that already happens sometimes even though we're "point junkies", just imagine what will happen if ratings are removed, lots of quitters because it won't really matter..

Please keep them.
Personally I don't understand why people need to get points in order to play a game (or not quit early). Well I understand why they quit early, but I don't understand why they find in enjoyable if the only difference is a somewhat meaningless number next to their name slightly increasing.
Quote:
Didn't we already try this and it ended up backfiring more then helping?
I don't recall a full removal of CS ratings. We have tried many things but not a full removal AFAIK, definitely not for a long period of time. IMO the longer you leave it the less of an issue it will seem as people will eventually forget.

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
[1]23456789101112131415161718192021»
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 404 posts
الأنتقال في المنتدي الي:
4 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 4 guests

Most active threads in past week: